Preheat the oven to 150°C / 300°F / Gas Mark 2. Mix the oil, maple syrup, honey and vanilla in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients except for the dried fruit and coconut, and mix well.
Spread the mixture over two baking trays and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, then add the coconut and mix. Bake for another 10–15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and turn out on to another baking tray to cool. When cool, add the dried fruit and stir to mix. The granola will keep in an airtight container for two weeks.
Delicious served with yoghurt and fresh fruit, if desired.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 100ml / 3½½fl oz / scant ½ cup maple syrup
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp good vanilla extract
- 300g / 10½oz / heaped 3 cups rolled oats
- 25g / 1oz / 3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 50g / 1¾¾oz / 6 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 100g / 3½½oz / 7/8 cup flaked or chopped nuts
- 50g / 1¾oz / ¾ cup flaked or desiccated coconut
- 100g / 3½½oz / 2/3 cup dried fruit (cranberries, apricots, blueberries, raisins, etc)
- natural yoghurt and fresh fruit, to serve (optional)