Privacy & Cookies Policy
- Who are we?
The website http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/ (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Dorset Cereals, a division of ABF Grain Products Limited, company number 00079590. Our registered address is Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London W1K 4QY United Kingdom. Dorset Cereals is part of the Associated British Foods plc group of companies. References to “we”, “our” or “us” in this privacy Statement mean Dorset Cereals.This Privacy Statement sets out what will happen to information that you provide to us. By providing us with your information you agree that we may use your information in the ways set out in this Privacy Statement.We may amend and update this privacy notice from time to time and new versions will be posted on our website http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/.
- What information do we collect about you?
When you visit our Site, we may collect and process the following information (“your information”) about you:
- information that you provide by filling in a form on the Site, such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. For example, you may be required to provide this information when you enter a competition or promotion which is operated via this Site;
- information concerning your visit to our Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data;
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to enable us to identify trends. This is statistical data and does not identify any individual;
- any correspondence you send to us (whether by email or post or otherwise);
- details of transactions you carry out or orders you place through our site;
- tokens account information, personal information entered in on packs, personal information entered in prize draw
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
- How will we use your information?
We will use the information we hold about you:
- to customise the website according to your interests and to ensure the Site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes such as quality control, site performance, system administration, internal record keeping and to evaluate use of the Site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we enter into with you and for billing and delivery purposes. For example, if you have entered any competitions or promotions, we will retain and use your personal information for the purpose of administering and notifying you of the results of that competition or promotion;
- if you complete any surveys, we may use that information for research purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
We will only keep your information for as long as is necessary.
- Cookies on the Site
Our Site uses “cookies” to collect the information referred to and track your use of our Site.
- What are cookies?
A cookie is a data file, which often includes a unique identifier, that is sent to your browser (if your browser preferences allow it) which is then stored on the hard drive of the device you are using to browse the website.
- as necessary for website operation; for example to enable you to login to secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart, to enable you to play games and interact with the tokens loyalty scheme;
- to analyse the use of our website by, for example, recognising and counting the number of visitors and how they move around our website. This helps us to see what parts of the site are popular and which sections need improving to make the experience better for users;
- to recognise you when you return to our website so that content can be personalised for you, for example, by greeting you by name and remembering your preferences; and
- to record your visit to our website and the pages you have visited and links you have followed. We will use this to make our website more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
Cookie Name/ID Purpose Lifespan _ga Google Analytics uses to distinguish users. 2 years _gat Google Analytics uses to throttle request rate. 10 Minutes wordpress_test_cookie Used on sites built with WordPress to test whether or not the browser has cookies enabled Session wordpress_d4e04a03dcbb2ca139ebe5d8a3d1c2bb Used on sites built with WordPress. Session wordpress_logged_in_d4e04a03dcbb2ca139ebe5d8a3d1c2bb Used on sites built with WordPress. Session __utma Google Analytics uses to keep track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site pertaining to the cookie, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred. Google Analytics uses the information from this cookie to calculate things like Days and Vis width=”12%”its to purchase. 2 Years __utmb Google Analytics uses to take a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor enters a site. 1 Day __utmc Google Analytics uses to take a timestamp of the exact moment in time when a visitor leaves a site. Session __utmt Google Analytics uses to throttle the request rate for the service – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. 1 Day __utmz Google Analytics uses to keeps track of where the visitor came from, what search engine you used, what link you clicked on, what keyword you used, and where they were in the world when you accessed a website. 6 Months JSESSIONID General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written in JSP. Usually used to maintain an anonymous user session by the server. – frontend Cookie commonly associated with the Magento eCommerce platform. Appears to be necessary for much site functionality. 1 Day
Please note that we do not control the dissemination of cookies set by third parties and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
- How to control and delete cookies
If you wish to restrict or block the cookies which are set on this website (or, indeed, on any other website) you can do this through your browser settings. The “Help” function within your browser should tell you how.
Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer, as well as more general information about cookies.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may mean that you will not be able to take full advantage of all the features or services available on this website.
- Sharing Tools
We would like to draw your attention to the fact that this website now carries embedded “share” buttons to enable users to easily share articles with their contacts through a number of popular social networking sites. Those sites may set a cookie when you are also logged in to their service. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
- What are cookies?
We may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that we feel may interest you by post and/or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email and/or SMS with information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
If you are a new customer, we may contact you by email and/or SMS only if you consent.
Unless you explicitly tell us to, we will never pass your information on to a third party.
- Where do we transfer your information to?
We may transfer your information to, or store it, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries which do not have as developed data protection laws. It may also be processed by staff at any of our overseas offices, or staff at our affiliates, suppliers, agents or appointed representatives. Such staff may be involved in, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details, or the provision of support services amongst other things.
Please do not send us your information if you do not want it to be transferred to or stored outside the EEA. By providing your information to us you agree and consent to us transferring to, and storing your information at, a destination outside the EEA.
- Who do we share your information with?
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties unless:
- we have your permission;
- the third party helps us to provide our products or services to you;
- in connection with the sale of a business or its assets.
- How do we keep you information secure?
All your information is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of our site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of Use: www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/boring-but-important.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will apply our normal procedures and comply with legal requirements to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those sites, please note that those sites ought to have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those sites or for their privacy policies.Please check those privacy policies before you submit your information to those sites. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of Use: www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/boring-but-important for further provisions relating to other websites.
- How to contact us
Requests to provide you with the personal information we hold about you should be sent to the address set out above. Please note that we make a small charge of £10.00 for providing this information.